I recently bought an Instant Pot and I love being able to turn my back on a pressure cooker. I made a delicious chicken curry the other night and was asked for the recipe. Serves 4 unless you’re feeding teens. Then it serves 3.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 red onion, medium, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 T curry paste (sorry, peeps, I went store-bought on this one).
- 2 or 3 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced into big chunks
- Salt to taste
- 100 ml coconut milk, full fat, no additives
- half of a tiny jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, sliced into bits. (Don’t wipe your eyes!)
- half an English cucumber, peeled lightly and chopped into bite-sized bits
Serve over: cauliflower rice (raw worked fine for me)
Heat the Instant Pot on Saute, add the oil and brown the chicken thighs with the onions. Add the carrots. Add about 1/2 c water, the curry paste and coconut milk. Stir wildly. Add the tomatoes and zucchini. Stir gently. Lid the pot. Close the vent. Push the stew button. Come back in 30 minutes. Enjoy over cauli-rice, topped with the chopped cuke.
After dinner, we had about half the recipe remaining. I left it in the pot, replaced the lid and pushed the slow cooker button. The next morning, I transferred the curry to a glass storage container (because I’m paranoid about plastic). Slow cooking overnight had transformed it into an even more delicious meal.